Testosterone is very crucial in a male’s health, and when there is not enough of it, it can cause some serious problems.
In the case of testosterone deficiency, men take specific medications, to bring balance to the levels of this hormone. And Testosterone Enanthate and Testosterone Cypionate are both rather popular options.So today, we’ll be learning about these testosterone drugs, their properties, and similarities/differences. You will also get an idea of how useful they are for your body.
Disclaimer:This article is only for informational purposes. Please do not constitute it as a medical recommendation. Anabolic steroids can be very dangerous and can even lead to death. Consult a doctor before you use them.
- 1 What is Testosterone Enanthate?
- 2 What Is Testosterone Cypionate?
- 3 Similarities: What Do Test E and Test C Have in Common?
- 4 How Are Test E And Test C Different From Each Other?
- 4.1 Source For Cypionate and Enanthate:
- 4.2 Brands For Test C vs Test E:
- 4.3 Half-Life: How Long Do They Take To Reduce To Half the Original Weigh?
- 4.4 How Much Should the Dose Be?
- 4.5 Molecular Composition and Structure:
- 4.6 How Frequently Can They Be Injected?
- 4.7 Weight in Terms of Testosterone Per Gram:
- 4.8 Side Effects of Test E vs Test C
- 4.9 How Popular Are These?
- 4.10 Summary Of The Differences:
- 5 A Final Word:
What is Testosterone Enanthate?
Testosterone Enanthate is an AAS drug taken by men that don’t produce enough natural testosterone, mostly for muscle strength and power. Lack of testosterone usually happens because of the impotence and hormonal imbalances, e.t.c. In women, TES E is used to treat breast cancer, which cannot be treated by surgery.
What Is Testosterone Cypionate?
Introduced for medical use in 1951, Testosterone cypionate is an AAS prescription drug, just like TESE. And much like the latter, it’s used as a treatment of low testosterone, and hormonal therapy for transgender men.
Similarities: What Do Test E and Test C Have in Common?
- Both Testosterone enanthate and Testosterone cypionate are AAS medications, which means that they are anabolic and androgenic steroids.
- Test E and Test C medication result in the patient’s masculinization, which includes a change in voice, acne, body hair growth, and increased sexual desire.
- Being anabolic steroids and synthetic androgen, they are agonists of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), testosterone, and the androgen receptor (AR).
- Both are the bioidentical and natural form of testosterone and are two of the most widely used testosterone esters.
- Test E or Test C, both drugs can also be used to enhance performance and physique, and hence its non-medical use is restricted in many countries.
How Are Test E And Test C Different From Each Other?
- The effects of enanthate aren’t as long-lasting as cypionate.
- Cypionate has an 8-carbon ester chain, and enanthate has a 7-carbon ester chain. This structure enanthate a faster release and cypionate a longer active life. Also, due to its 1-carbon atom and 7-carbon ester, Enanthate is lighter than its counterpart and has more testosterone per gram.
- Testosterone cypionate is more expensive than testosterone enanthate and that is because testosterone with a high concentration of “T” is cheaper than the one with a low concentration.
Source For Cypionate and Enanthate:
Enanthate is available worldwide, while cypionate does not have a universal origin. It is available only in the U.S.
Brands For Test C vs Test E:
Test E: The brand name for Testosterone enanthate is primarily Delatestryl.
However, it is also marketed under other brand names:
- Andro LA;
Test C: Popular brands Testosterone cypionate is marketed under are:
- Andro Cyp;
Half-Life: How Long Do They Take To Reduce To Half the Original Weigh?
Test E takes 10.5 days, while Test C takes 12 days to be reduced to half the original weight.
How Much Should the Dose Be?
Test C: The dosage for Testosterone cypionate for the brand Depo-Testosterone, in the form of oil solution, should be 50-250 mg 1x/1-4 weeks.
Test E: The dosage for Testosterone enanthate for the brand Delatestryl, in the form of oil solution is 50-250 mg 1x/1-4 weeks. And the dosage for the brand Xyosted, in the form of auto-injection, is 50-100 mg 1x/week.
Molecular Composition and Structure:
Test C: C27H40O3
Test E: C26H40O3
How Frequently Can They Be Injected?
Test E’s elimination half-life is 4.5 days. Its mean residence time is 8.5 days as a depot intramuscular injection. Hence, it should be administered frequently, once every week. It will result in an elevation in testosterone levels and is supraphysiological.
The dosage of Testosterone cypionate depends on certain factors:
- The condition under treatment.
- The severity of the condition.
- Reaction to the first dose.
- Drug form.
Dosage for Hypogonadism
Starting Dosage: Generally, it is 50-400 mg, which is injected into your muscle every 2-4 weeks.
Maximum dosage: It should never go beyond 400 mg injected into your muscle every 2 weeks.
Weight in Terms of Testosterone Per Gram:
The molar mass of Test E is 400.6 g mol -1 while Test C occupies a molar mass of approximately 412 mol-1.
Side Effects of Test E vs Test C
- Mood swings;
- Weight gain.
- Increased libido and erection;
- Mood swings;
- Bigger breasts.
If these side effects are worsening or you feel a lot of discomfort, contact your doctor immediately.
How Popular Are These?
Test E is more widely used than Test C since it is available worldwide, while Test C is only available in the U.S.
Summary Of The Differences:
|Key Points||Test E||Test C|
|Effect||Short term effect||Long term effect|
|Structure||7-carbon ester chain||8-carbon ester chain|
|Availability||Worldwide||Only in the U.S.|
|Dosage||50-100 mg 1x/week||50-250 mg 1x/1-4 weeks|
|Form||Auto injection||Oil solution|
|Side-Effects||Suppress spermatogenesis in men.
Harm fetus in pregnant women.
|Hepatocellular carcinoma, tumors, heart problems, blood clot, liver problems.|
A Final Word:
There are a lot of anabolic steroids out there, everyone prefers a certain type, there are even debates on which drug is the best, like Anavar vs Winstrol dilemma. However, Testosterone Enanthate and Testosterone Cypionate are universal and popular medications, good for normalizing your testosterone level.