TYPES OF SNOWBOARD BINDINGS
Before answering the question what are the best snowboard bindings, you need to know all about kinds of such equipment.
Today there are three types of the best snowboard bindings in the market of goods for snowboarding:
- Step in snowboard bindings – in the world of professional snowboarding these bindings are called “for lazy people” because, to fix it, you just need to insert the boot into special grooves. To do this, do not bend or sit on the slope, tightening the straps. In the bindings, there is only a back wall (highback) and a bolt for boots. The disadvantage of bindings is considered its unreliability: if it gets into the snow, it can be unfastened.
- A classic model of best bindings with straps. Of course, you need to tinker with such a fastening, but you will be sure that it will not unbutton. This type is suitable for beginners who need confidence in every move.
- Flow bindings – this type of attachment is very popular with professional riders, as it is as convenient as classic and as practical as the step in. Bindings, in addition to highback, have straps that reliably fix the boot. Fasten the bindings by using straps, or by lowering the rear wall downwards.
Further, the best snowboard bindings are distinguished by rigidity. Everything is simple if you buy hard boots – choose a rigid mount and, conversely, for “soft” boots you can choose the same binding.
It is equally important to pay attention to the size of the platform. Manufacturers distinguish equipment between two types of size small-medium and medium-large. The reference point is the 42-foot size, that is small-medium < 42 < medium-large.
All best all mountain snowboard bindings can be adjusted to any foot size. To do this, unscrew the bolt and adjust the mount to your foot with a stand. It can be moved forward or backward. Therefore, you eliminate the formation of backlash, which means that riding will be safer.
Moreover, the last parameter, which should be regulated in quality all mountain snowboard bindings is the angle of the back wall. The angle should be set according to the angle of the shoe.
THE BEST SNOWBOARD BINDINGS BUYING GUIDE – WHAT TO LOOK AT?
Before buying the best snowboard, you need to determine the type of bindings that suits you, as well as pay attention to such aspects:
- Size of the bindings. The best snowboard bindings are usually made in four sizes – small (Small), medium (Medium), large (Large) and XL (Extra Large). The size depends on the boots that you selected before. Make sure that the size of the bindings is such that the boots easily fit into them and do not particularly hang out (in an unbuttoned state). The bindings should tightly grasp the upper part of the boots, while not leaving too much free end. If there is a large loose piece of the belt, and the strap cannot be adjusted, such bindings do not suit you.
- Distances between the bindings. The half of the beginners put fastenings on a board incorrectly that leads not only to acquiring wrong skills, but also to numerous falls, and sometimes even traumas.
General postulates are as follows:
- The higher is the rider, the greater the distance;
- The more time a person spends making aggressive cut turns – the shorter must be the distance between the best snowboard bindings;
- The more experienced is the rider, the less distance he can make;
- The more the rider flies in the halfpipe and the springboards and more likes tricks on rotation – the more should be the distance for more stable landing. The range of distances is from 40 to 70 cm. Freestyle distances are usually larger, around 50-65 cm. Slalomists are limited to 40-45 cm. Small distances are easier to cut; larger ones are more stable.
- Correct installation of best freeride snowboard bindings (and others). If you have never done this, or even a beginner in snowboarding, leave this work for professionals. Often best all mountain snowboard bindings are installed when purchased directly in the store. If you install them yourself, read the manual, which goes along with the best freestyle bindings and other kinds of bindings. If not, look further.
- The angle of rotation of the best snowboard bindings axes relative to the snowboard. Measured from 0 ° (perpendicular, across the snowboard) to 90 ° (along with the axis of the snowboard, the toe of the boot is directed in the direction of the nose of the snowboard).
- Use the leash. The leash is a strap that ties a snowboard to your leg. This is done so that the snowboard does not leave and does not kill anyone below (and it usually accelerates very fast). The manufacturers of almost all the best snowboard bindings attach extra to them. Do not forget to tie it to the front of the bindings. When you ride, it must be tied to your boot or leg. In addition, the excess is used to transport the snowboard during hiking, which is also very convenient.
THE BEST SNOWBOARD BINDINGS. FINAL ADVICE
Now the best snowboard bindings are one of the most important part of your equipment. Even if you have the best snowboard, without the best snowboard bindings it will be useless.
The only function the best snowboard bindings have is to attach the boots to the snowboard, transfer energy from the legs to the board and give you as much control, as it is possible. We give the first place in our top list of the best snowboard bindings 2020 to Flux Ds Snowboard Bindings. They are highly durable and will make your ride smooth and stable. This model is very reliable and suitable to apparently every experienced snowboarder.