People's Choice #1
Salomon Alphacross Men's
Salomon Speedcross 4 Men's
Zhuanglin Quick Drying Men's
ASICS Frequent Trail Men's
Salomon Speedcross 4 Men's
Zhuanglin Quick Drying Men's
ASICS Frequent Trail Men's
New Balance Minimus 10 V1 Men's
New Balance Minimus 10 V1 Men's
Best Overall - Salomon Alphacross Men's Shoes Review
- Aggressive Grip: Contagrip outsole features a versatile lug pattern that is ready for any surface, wet or dry
- Comfort: instant comfort from the first time you put it on. The mesh upper and proven Salomon fit deliver
- Cushioning: energy cell midsole absorbs shock while you run
Lightweight Protection - Salomon Speedcross 4 Men's Shoes Review
- TRAIL RUNNING SNEAKER: Featuring an aggressive grip, precise foothold, & lightweight protection, the Salomon Speedcross 4 is the ideal shoe for runners who want to conquer soft, technical trails.
- ALL THE WILD PLACES: With a monster grip for soft trail conditions, the lightweight, highly cushioned Speedcross 4 is the perfect shoe for trail runners who aren't afraid of wet & dirty terrain.
- GO THE DISTANCE: Whether you love daily road running in your neighborhood, an escape to a local trail, or something more rugged, Salomon makes shoes that ensure you have a smooth ride on any & all terrain.
- TIME TO PLAY: Whether you are into trail running, hiking, backpacking, or mountaineering, Salomon has shoes & gear for kids, men & women to help you conquer a new distance, personal record, or event!
- SINCE 1947 Salomon has used our passion for outdoor sports & innovation to create progressive gear. Our road & trail running shoes, hiking sneakers, boots, & water shoes help make any path your own.
Unique Drainage Holes - Zhuanglin Quick Drying Men's Shoes Review
Zhuanglin Quick Drying
- Breathable and durable air mesh upper allow the foot to breathe.
- Solyte midsole provides an exceptionally lightweight midsole with excellent bounce-back and durability.
- Water Grip outsole provides exceptional traction in wet and slippery conditions.
- ComforDry sockliner provides the optimum cushioning performance that creates a cooler, drier and healthier shoe environment.
- Open mesh on the upper and hole on the sole provides for superior breathability and quick drying.
Ultra-lightweight - UBFEN Unisex Water Shoes Review
- STRETCHY MATERIALS:The smooth fabrics with fine stretch on uppers are easy to get on and off.It is light and feels like you just have socks on,but thick enough to protect your feet.
- DURABLE SOLE:The new updated sole features great wearing resistance and duration.The convex dots on solo enhances ability of anti-skid, giving strong friction when waking.
- FLEXIBLE TWIST AND LOOP:This shoes are portable and easy to take with when travelling.
- SPECIAL FEATURES:These shoes walk like normal shoes but allow the water to drain out.The holes would not be big enough to allow sands or rocks inside.
- OCCASION:Perfect for beach, diving, snorkeling, shower, swimming, pool, weight training, boating& sailing, parasailing, kayaking, yoga, dancing, windsurfing, cycling, bathroom, jogging, fishing, beach volleyball, garden, water aerobics, exercises.
Synthetic Leather Upper - ASICS Frequent Trail Men's Shoes Review
ASICS Frequent Trail
- The ASICS Frequent Trail sneaker is designed specifically for the light trail runner.
- Weave mesh upper with synthetic overlays.
- Traditional lace-up closure.
- Heel tab for easy on and off.
- Padded tongue and collar.
Soft textile lining.
Reinforced toe cap.
Reversed lug rubber outsole provides uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
Weight: 11 oz
Product measurements were taken using size 12, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Weight of footwear is based on a single item, not a pair.
XS TREK Sole - Vibram KSO EVO Men's Shoes Review
Vibram KSO EVO
- Runs small, Go up a size
- Lightly padded tongue & speed lacing system.Care - Machine Wash Cold / Air Dry
- Serrated blade lug design.Select half size up or down
- XS Trek Outsole
- Zero Drop
Wide Toe Box - WHITIN Minimalist Men's Shoes Review
- A wide toe box lets your toes spread and relax.
- Produced using animal free products and processes.
- Removable sockliner (insole) if you want a "more barefoot" feeling.
- True rubber sole provides great protection while still getting the ground feedback.
- Note, if between sizes, order next size down.
Vibram Outsole - New Balance Minimus 10 V1 Men's Shoes Review
New Balance Minimus 10 V1
- Acteva midsole
- Antimicrobial treatment to reduce odor
- 4 mm drop - due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 4 mm drop are approximate
- Odor-resistant treatment to reduce odor
Ensures Free Breath - Troadlop Hiking Men’s Running Shoes Review
- DURABLE SOLE: Anti slip rubber outsole with a unique pattern, increase the track adhesion to prevent slipping. unique and durable sole with holes on bottom to ensure proper water flow out of them which creates a cooler and healthier shoe environment, quick-dry, super comfortable during water sports
- COMFORTABLE: The rubber sole has a very comfortable and thick foam arched support insert inside, which is both flexible and thick to protect your feet from stepping on rocks and stones. At the same time, the insoles perfectly match the shoes and prevent you from falling off during hiking or water sports
- FASHION Design: A stylish toe with a toe look gives you more stylish and unique dressing experience. Although there are no separate slots, thicker toe caps provide more cushioning, which you need to support when hiking and climbing. Don't worry that they will scratch your big toe while walking, we provide enough space to ensure comfort
- ELASTICITY AND CONVENIENT: Breathable and smooth fabrics with fine stretch on uppers. Non-mesh, don't let the sand into the shoes. The shoe is ultra-thin, flexible and comfortable. An ideal shoe for rowers, surfers, kayakers and SUP fanatics, the shoe provides grip and comfort out on the water and packs easily into a dry bag at the end of the day
- AMPHIBIOUS: Shoes are amphibious shoes that ensure you can enjoy life on land or in the water. You can surf, canyon, kayak, camp, zipline, swim, jump, river trek, paddle, snorkel, rain, rain, beach excursions, shopping, travel, aqua aerobics, jogging , Walking, using water sports shoes or playing ground in any water activity
Lace-up Closure - Inov-8 X-Talon 230 Men’s Shoes Review
Inov-8 X-Talon 230
- STICKY GRIP - The industry leading outsole rubber compound is softer and stickier than previous outsoles. Combined with the classic 8mm lugs, the shoe delivers better traction than its predecessor over both wet and dry underfoot conditions.
- NARROW FIT - A grade 1 precision fit holds the foot securely without being super narrow, whilst allowing some room for toe splay.
- ADDED PROTECTION - A flexible rock plate sits between the outsole and midsole of the shoe, providing enhanced underfoot protection against rocks and other obstacles.
- LIGHTWEIGHT - The flexible upper materials, protective rand and gusseted tongue are all non water absorbing, meaning the shoe remains at its light weight best.
- SIZE NOTE - The shoes come up a 1 on our fit scale (1 narrow - 5 wide).
A Buyer’s Guide to Finding the Best Shoes for Tough Mudder
Before selecting just about any pair of sneakers, it is essential to note that shoes for Tough Mudder are different. Read on to understand why.
What Type of Shoes are Needed for Tough Mudder?
Your regular running shoes are not the best bet for Tough Mudder. You need a pair that can withstand the tough conditions while providing the comfort and support you need. On this note, you should go for OCR shoes. These are specifically designed to function for obstacle course racing. OCR shoes are lightweight and are designed for conquering challenging trails. These are available from various brands, so you can be sure to find a suitable pair.
How to Select the Best Shoes for Tough Mudder?
The best mud run shoes should be comfortable to your feet yet strong enough to withstand the tough conditions. Here are factors to keep mind.
Your mud shoes should protect your feet from injury when participating in a race. On this note, they should be made using heavy-duty materials yet lightweight for easy maneuvering. You can find shoes with a rock plate or stone guard for additional protection.
Tough Mudder involves large amounts of water and mud, which makes it challenging to maneuver. On this note, you need obstacle race shoes that drain quickly to keep your feet in the best possible shape. The last thing you want to deal with is a shoe soaked in water and mud while in the race.
Tough Mudder cannot compare to regular trail running. You need shoes with a solid base for a firm grip on the ground. The right pair should increase your traction for easy navigation and foot pressure distribution. The best running shoes for Tough Mudder have tough rubber soles with wider treads for an excellent grip.
The Type of Sole
The sole of your mudder shoes should be tough enough to withstand the conditions while ensuring you are safe. They should provide excellent shock absorption to prevent injury to your feet on uneven ground. The sole should be thick enough to protect at the bottom but lightweight for easy navigation.
Comfort and Flexibility
The fit of the mudder shoe you choose determines how comfortable and flexible they are to wear. Find shoes in your correct size for long-lasting comfort. Ideally, the right size should be tight enough, such as it doesn’t come out but a little lose to leave enough wiggle room for flexibility. Check out shoes for Tough Mudder reviews to determine what others have to say about the fit and comfort.
What Shoes Should You Wear for Tough Mudder?
If you are looking for long-distance running shoes to suit Tough Mudder, consider the comfort the pair provides. It should be supportive in all aspects, including the footbed, the lacing system, and the sole.
Additionally, you should wear shoes with proper drainage to ensure your feet stay in the best state when running. Ideally, they should have draining properties to wick away moisture from the interior. The sole should be textured appropriately to provide a firm grip.
How to Take Care of Tough Mudder Shoes?
After using your shoes during a Tough Mudder Race, the first thing you should do is hose them down to remove loose mud and dirt. Spray the outside of the shoes to ensure all the rocks and mud come loose. Next, stuff them with newspaper and toss them in the wash on a delicate cycle. Air them out in the sun until they are completely dry.
Can You Use Trail Shoes for Tough Mudder?
Trail shoes can work for Tough Mudder. However, they might not provide the right support in extreme conditions. Depending on the type of train shoes you have, they might not protect your feet fully. Also, they might not drain, which can affect your navigation and, ultimately, your performance.
Our Recommendation on The Best Tough Mudder Shoes 2020
There are plenty of shoes to choose from on the market for Tough Mudder. As long as you consider the factors explained above, the shoes you choose should provide the support, comfort, and protection you need. Whether you are looking for the best shoes for Tough Mudder or trail running shoes, the points above can guide you in finding a favorable pair.
If you are looking for the best shoes for Tough Mudder 2020, here are some recommendations.
- If you are looking for a supportive yet lightweight shoe, this Whitin Men’s Runner is ideal. It has a high-traction rubber sole and a removable sock liner to give you that barefoot feel.
- If you are searching for a protective design, these Asics Men’s Trail Running Shoes are the best. They have a super protective toe cap and a sturdy rubber sole for extra protection.
- If you are looking for the best shoes for spartan race, these Inov-8 Men’s X-Talon Running Shoes are ideal. They feature a sticky grip for wet and muddy conditions providing support and traction all through.
- Tough Mudder Invention
- Obstacle Course Racing
- Foot Pressure Distribution