Best Pre-workout Foods – A Buyer's Guide
Pre-workout supplements have several roles to play. They ensure that fatigue doesn’t stop you from working out. They prevent crashes that are prone to occur when you increase the intensity of your workouts. Also, they give your muscles enough strength to recover rapidly. The choice of the primary ingredients says it all.
Why do you really need pre-workout products?
- A healthy pre-workout supplement can help you build your endurance. You know that you have to push your limits when you have to build endurance. A pre-workout supplement is what you need to give you the strength to go that extra mile.
- These supplements ensure that you do not feel tired too easily.
- They help prevent muscle fatigue. Therefore you would be able to stretch your muscles a little more without the fear of sore muscles and exhaustion.
- The other significant benefit of taking pre-workout supplements is the fact that these help with recovery post-workout. You can also magnify this result with a post-workout supplement as required.
Types of pre-workout supplements
It is an alpha-amino acid that helps increase the nitric oxide levels in the body. It also helps with the natural synthesis of various types of proteins.
It is a compound that is known to help increase the energy levels by recycling the adenosine triphosphate molecules in the body.
It is a well-known stimulant that is known to help curb exhaustion.
For high-intensity workouts where muscle endurance is critical, beta-alanine helps produce carnosine.
BCAA or branched-chain amino acids help with reducing the soreness in muscles while also enhancing muscle growth. Therefore for bodybuilders who are looking to trim down while also gaining muscles, this is an essential component.
It is an ingredient that is mainly used to treat heartburn and other side effects.
It is a critical component as it gets converted to nitric oxide. This is very much important for the regulation of blood pressure while you take stimulants.
Dimethylamylamine is a synthetic stimulant used for elevated energy levels.
Stimulants like caffeine tend to cause dehydration. Therefore some of the supplements have electrolytes that can regulate the water content in the body.
Proteins in pre-workout supplements ensure that hunger pangs do not bother you in the middle of a workout session. Also, they help with muscle recovery and muscle building.
Taurine is an amino acid that is used to boost athletic performance.
Vitamin B12 plays a vital role in preventing muscle fatigue and prevents megaloblastic anemia.
Besides the above ingredients, there might also be a few more like Huperzine A (added for mental energy), L-Tyrosine (for resisting fatigue), and L-Theanine for focus.
What makes an excellent pre-workout?
When you know what each of the ingredients do you would be able to choose the right blend, the best-recommended pre-workout supplements would contain clean ingredients, no proprietary blends, and also come without fillers that can cause side effects.
After you have found what’s the best pre-workout supplement, here are a few other features to look for when you choose a pre-workout product
- Dosages should be followed as given on the label. There are some mild supplements which do not cause any harm even if you slightly increase the dosages. But most of these supplements contain stimulants. Therefore taking a higher dosage might lead to poorer sleep quality.
- A good pre-workout supplement should come with clear usage instructions. It should include the time when the supplement should be taken. The time is taken to release the supplements into the bloodstream, and their effects should be considered. It helps you take the supplement at the right time so that when you start your workout, you actually feel energized.
- Pick one that is easy to mix. You would need a supplement powder that dissolves without forming lumps so that you get a creamy shake ready for consumption in no time.
- Consider the storage instructions. Some supplements do not store well once you open them. They might form clumps. These are suitable for those who need pre-workout supplements regularly so that the contents of the jar would be emptied in no time.
- Check with your physician to know whether your body is sensitive to stimulants. In that case, you might have to go with milder dosages to prevent the adverse effects.
Here are a few things that make a pre-workout supplement a good one
It comes with good nutritional value. It means that you would find a blend of other healthy ingredients besides stimulants. Also, the number of proteins per servings would be high.
The best pre-workout supplements for muscle gain and strength also come with a pure blend. Several supplements do not contain any proprietary blend. Therefore you would know the whole list of items that go into it. Look for those without additives and fillers.
Look for the safety of the ingredients used. Know your allergies when you choose a pre-workout supplement. Pick those which do not have synthetic ingredients or artificial blends.
Our Recommendation - Kodiak Supplements LUMBERJACKED
Pre-workout supplements help you improve your practice sessions. It can support your competitive spirit and stretch your workout sessions. You would also be able to hit the gym the very next day without feeling tired. It ensures that you have the energy to do other things in your daily life even after an intense gym session. All supplements listed here do this job. However, we have to name the winner, and after long testing, we, at gym-expert.com, consider Kodiak Supplements LUMBERJACKED the best pre-workout supplement 2019. And here are the reasons. First, you do not have to worry about any unknown ingredients being added – it is pure and high-quality supplement. Second, it comes with a lingering flavor and taste. Third, the product is easily soluble, and preparing the pre-workout shake takes very little time. We hope you’ll like this best pre-workout supplement as we do!