Choosing the Best Hemp Protein Powders: Buyer’s Guide
If you have noticed from our hemp protein powder reviews, these products do not contain artificial sweeteners or flavorings. Although finding the best tasting hemp protein powder might be a little challenging, we made sure that you can find the best hemp powder that you need with this guide.
What are the Health Benefits of Hemp Protein?
There are a lot of hemp protein powder benefits that one can get from using an all-natural hemp protein powder. This is especially beneficial for those who are physically active. These include:
- Enhanced Results of Weight Loss Efforts – With the help of the best hemp protein powder for weight loss, you recover faster from your workouts. This means you can exercise more frequently, get more from workouts and burn more fat, so naturally, you lose more weight.
- Lower Cholesterol and Lower Risk of Heart Issues – Protein supplements helps reduce bad cholesterol while providing amino acids to your system. These amino acids help your heart function normally and improve its overall health, thus lowering the risk of heart problems.
- Faster Time of Recovery – These powders contain lots of essential nutrients including amino acids. These nutrients are very important in muscle recovery as well as making them stronger.
- Healthy Cells – Since this type of supplement contains antioxidants, it can support your cells’ overall positive health by fighting free radicals harmful to cells.
Do the Best Hemp Protein Powders Have Side Effects?
Generally, the best organic hemp protein powder in its purest powder form only has essential nutrients and should not have side effects. Nevertheless, we still cannot deny the fact that some users may still experience adverse reactions such as:
- Allergies – Only a small number of people are allergic to this ingredient. If you are one of them, then you should definitely avoid any type of this product.
- GI Distress – Most of the best hemp protein powders have high fiber content. Although this is good for your overall health, it also means that there is a chance that can cause GI distress to a few users. This can include bloating and gas.
On a side note, until more information becomes available, pregnant women should stay away from using these types of supplements.
For every pound of a typical adult’s body weight, you need at least 0.36 grams of protein per day or 0.8 grams of protein per bodyweight kilogram each day.
Frequently Asked Questions
With so many types of supplements in the market, it can get confusing. Here are the most asked questions about the best hemp protein powders 2019 and our gallant attempt at answering them.
What is Hemp Protein Powder?
Derived from hemp seeds, this powder is a dietary supplement aimed to increase your protein intake in your regular diet.
How Do You Use a Hemp Protein Powder?
Using the best hemp protein powder is easy and simple. As we have mentioned in the hemp protein powder reviews above, just mix it in any of your drinks, be it water, juice, smoothie or shake. You can also mix it in baking as a flour supplement or just add to your yogurt, cereal, etc.
How Much Protein is in Hemp Powder?
One 30 gram serving or a ¼ cup of this powder usually has more or less 15 grams of protein depending on what brand it is.
Is Hemp Better than Whey Protein?
In terms of content, whey would be better as it contains more. On the other hand, in terms of purity and lack of flavor, hemp would be better.
Is Hemp Better than Pea Protein?
Pea actually has 85% PDCAAS score, which is closer to 100% complete content, while hemp has only 51%.
Does Hemp Protein Make You High?
No, it does not. Hemp only has a minuscule amount of psychoactive THC so it will not make you feel “stoned” or “high” in any way.
Does Hemp Protein Make You Sleepy?
At this point, there is not much research to determine whether it can indeed make you sleepy. However, hemp seeds have high mineral content that can help people suffering from insomnia sleep better. So generally speaking, whether it can make you sleepy or give you energy would depend on a person’s reaction to the product.
Is Hemp Protein Powder Good for Weight Loss?
These types of supplements usually have high fiber content that helps suppress your appetite and make you feel full longer. This makes you eat less and thus helps in reducing your weight. In addition to that, these products also have plenty of amino acids, which help in your recovery after a workout. This means you can exercise more and burn more fat resulting in weight loss.
Can Hemp Protein Make You Fail a Drug Test?
No. Although related to the cannabis plant, the hemp plant contains very little THC level, which is the ingredient that gives that “high” effect. Therefore, you will not test positive in a drug test.
What Should You Supplement When Using Hemp Protein Powder?
Vegetarians and vegans usually have a hard-time-consuming adequate protein. Hemp powders are good supplements for these types of diet.
Even if you want to follow a vegan or vegetarian diet that lessens environmental impact, you will always find a supplement that can help you feel healthier and stronger. Choose from any one of our best hemp protein powders on the list above. We highly recommend our top pick, the Manitoba Harvest Organic Hemp Yeah! Check our reviews above for more details. It is time to get healthy!